Range Rover Evoque Details
Range Rover is entering new segments to address their modern customers requests who need something lighter, more efficient and more affordable with the Range Rover badge.
The car that’s supposed to do all those tings is the new 2011 Evoque. It is a cross-coupe as they call it, and for the first time it can be ordered with 2WD as well. It also gets new efficient four-cylinder engines with incredibly low emissions. It will go on sale with a starting price of around 30,000 GBP.
But they promise that none of the Range Roveriness is gone. You still get a luxurious cabin full of amazing toys, and clever driving aids that sets is apart from the competition.
The Evoque will be the first Range Rover to offer customers a choice between a full-time four-wheel-drive system, which delivers outstanding performance and traction on all surfaces, and an even lower carbon, front-wheel-drive option for further enhanced fuel economy.
Customers can choose between two advanced 2.2-litre turbodiesel derivatives, with either 190PS or 150PS. The front-wheel drive Range Rover Evoque with the 150PS 2.2-litre engine achieves 58mpg* and sub 130g/km CO2. The four-wheel-drive 2.2-litre 150PS delivers 50mpg and sub 145g/km CO2.
A new 240PS, 2.0-litre Si4 petrol engine combines direct fuel injection, turbocharging and twin variable valve timing for exceptional driveability and fuel efficiency with a 0-60mph time of 7.1 seconds.
The Evoque benefits from the same high-end innovative technologies as the larger Range Rovers. An intuitive control system and touch-screen display combines a stylish, uncluttered layout and state-of-the-art functionality with class-leading ease of use.
Other features available to Range Rover Evoque customers include:
- Park Assist for automated parallel parking
- Blind Spot Monitoring system
- Surround Camera System with five digital cameras, including a reversing system
- Full dual-zone automatic climate control, featuring a Park Heater timer facility
- Hard drive navigation system with off-road navigation capability
- DAB/FM/AM/Cirrus tuners, with hard drive virtual 10xCD multiplayer
- Digital and Satellite TV, and DVD playback
- Rear seat entertainment package, with 8-inch video screens, digital wireless
headphones and touch screen remote control
- Keyless entry system and powered tailgate
- Adaptive headlamps with auto headlamp dipping
- Heated windscreen, front seats and steering wheel