Peugeot 508 UK Specs and Details
Peugeot 508 is the latest edition of the French firm’s charming mid-size sedans that will premiere at the upcoming Paris Motor Show.
The car will then hit the British market in Spring 2011 in both sedan and estate body styles, featuring a range of very clean petrol and diesel engines. CO2 emissions level stars from just 109 g/km with the new e-HDi (Stop & Start) system, will eventually include HYbrid4 technology with its potential of 200bhp, four-wheel drive and CO2 emissions from just 99 g/km.
So not only the new model is set to be more elegant and stylish than previous models, it is also much more environmentally responsible. The aerodynamics of this car is specially optimized for fuel efficiency.
2011 Peugeot 508 also has a brand-new interior which waves goodbye to the traditional flimsy and bad quality French interior, and instead offers a sort of espresso look with high quality materials and amazing toys.
The simple and elegant style of the fascia, the materials chosen, the meticulous finish, the durability and the technologies deployed (colour “head-up display”, four-zone air conditioning, “keyless” entry and start-up) add to the exclusive ambience of the passenger compartment.
508 HDi FAP diesel range:
- 1.6 litre e-HDi FAP 112bhp, 285(1)Nm, EGC 6-speed(5); CO2: 109(2) g/km,
- 1.6 litre HDi FAP 112bhp, 254(1)Nm, 5-speed manual; CO2: 124g/km,
- 2.0 litre HDi FAP 140bhp, 340(1)Nm, 6-speed manual; CO2: 125g/km,
- 2.0 litre HDi FAP 163bhp, 340Nm, 6-speed automatic; CO2: 149g/km(3),
- 2.2 litre HDi FAP 204bhp, 450Nm, 6-speed automatic; CO2: 150g/km.
508 petrol range:
- 1.6 litre VTi 120bhp; 160Nm, EGC 6-speed; CO2: 144 g/km(3),
- 1.6 litre THP 156bhp, 240Nm, 6-speed manual; CO2: 149 g/km(4),
- 1.6 litre THP 156bhp, 240Nm, 6-speed automatic; CO2: 164 g/km(3).
(1) Value with overboost
(2) 114 g/km at launch then 109 g/km in the summer of 2011
(3) Launch in the spring of 2011.
(4) 154 g/km at launch then 149 g/km in the summer of 2011
(5) EGC (Electronic Gearbox Control) transmission
NB: CO2 value is for the Saloon