2015 Mercedes-Benz GLA250 4MATIC | Driven in style
Fri, 04/24/2015 - 09:55
The 2015 Mercedes-Benz GLA250 4MATIC not only looks good, it feels good. This sporty compact ute by the German automaker adds a lot of personality to its historically corporate-looking lineup. This is definitely a different kind of vehicle for the brand, but one that is sure to be a solid follow up to the affordable CLA sedan, reinforcing Mercedes’ desire to lock in loyal lifetime customers at a young age with their first or second car purchase. 2015 Mercedes-Benz GLA250 is a low-slung road hugger. We were glad to see that Mercedes didn’t cheap out on this entry-level luxury crossover. The fit and finish of the GLA250 are appropriate for its base $33,300 price tag, blending just enough high-end finishes with a minimalist approach while not sacrificing comfort inside. The Mercedes-Benz GLA250 is stylish, no doubt. Its chopped roofline carries from the windshield to the lift gate, giving it a low profile and sporty stance. The car is shorter than it seems, however, making its categorization as a crossover a little closer to a wagon or sporty hatch than it is to an outright SUV.
What we like about the GLA250:
- Its swoopy yet sporty styling that gives this hatch a unique look.
- Clear family heritage with the interior design and layout.
- Easy-to-use infotainment system and controls.
- Tight handling with a ride that’s smooth for its class (but not “S-class” smooth).
- All-wheel-drive capability with 27 mpg combined fuel economy.