Almost every car customization enthusiast wants to have his vehicle look better and attractive.
Although, several engineers in auto industry design bumpers that probably fit the car’s looks, some car owners still want to change their car’s bumpers with ones that provide it with most attractive look. For this course, one must first know how to remove a bumper. Here are some steps and tools that will benefit you in this way.
Each car bumper is designed in a different way that distinguishes it from other bumpers. The way through which bumpers are attached with the car vary too. Old car bumpers were steel structure welded. These days, most car bumper are made up of aluminum, fiberglass, composite, or carbon-fiber and attached to the car with screws and bolts.
You will require the following tools to take away bumpers from your car:
- Socket wrench set (with extender)
The given steps let you able to take away bumpers from your car body:
- Sometimes, light fixtures are found on bumpers. So, first you have to remove these light fixtures ahead of removing the bumpers.
- Secondly if your vehicle has grille then take it away as it extends all the way to the bumper assembly and by removing it, it will be quite easy for you to get to the bolts holding the bumpers.
- Now, turn the car wheels in a manner that allow you to access the wheel wells on one side of your vehicle.
- A series of screws are there through which bumpers are held in place on the wheels well. You must cautiously take away and store these screws. Perform the same process for other side of bumper.
- Bolts are there as well to hold the bumper in place on side panels of the front end of the car.
- You may take help from one or two partners to remove bumpers from end of the car.
After removing the bumpers from your car, you may then follow the steps to replace the old bumper.