5 Things You Need to Know About the Connected Car
Mon, 10/19/2015 - 00:05
By now you’ve almost certainly heard about the connected car — and maybe you even drive one. For starters, the connected car is a vehicle that’s, well, connected to the Internet. While there are already a good chunk of connected cars out on the roads today, recent research predicts the market will explode in coming years, climbing as high as $132 billion by 2019. It makes sense, considering folks on the manufacturing side of things these days seem to connect everything to the Internet: refrigerators, air-conditioning units, bracelets, watches, etc. The rise of the connected car means unless you’re comfortable trying to buy cars made in the ‘80s and ‘90s for the rest of your life, it’s only a matter of time before you find yourself behind the wheel of a connected car. With that in mind, let’s take a look at five things you should know about what that might potentially mean.
- You Can Get From Point A to Point B Quicker
- You’ll Be Less Likely to Get Into an Accident
- You Can Get “Tune-Ups” Without Even Taking Your Car into the Shop
- You’ll Never Have to Touch Your Smartphone Again When You’re Driving
- Your Kids Will Be Safer Behind the Wheel