The Enclave is Buick’s 7-seater crossover vehicle and for the new modelyear it gets enhanced styling, new safety technologies, in-vehicle connectivity and a more refined driving experience.
It is still one of the roomiest cars in this segment and can be had with two or four-wheel-drive. The interior is the most important part of this car, and there it gets ambient lighting and IntelliLink in-vehicle communications with touch-screen control and navigation. The industry’s first front center air bag system and new dual-flow front struts highlight the safety and performance enhancements.
The Enclave is powered by a direct-injected 3.6L V-6 and an updated six-speed automatic transmission that contribute to the more refined driving experience. Buick’s QuietTuning engineering process reduces, blocks and absorbs unwanted noise from the Enclave’s cabin. That matters in a family car like this.
Features and equipments:
Buick Enclave’s sculpted styling redefined Buick’s design language upon its introduction more than five years ago. The 2013 model adds new signature cues, including:
- New front fascia with LED daytime running lamps
- New headlamp design, with standard Xenon high-intensity discharge lamps (HID) and LED accent lighting. Articulating headlamps are available
- New hood and black-chrome waterfall grille
- New rear fascia design with integrated exhaust outlets
- New LED taillamps
- New 19-inch and 20-inch aluminum wheel designs
- Monochromatic exterior appearance with chrome accents.
The Buick Enclave’s new appearance is instantly recognizable as a modern Buick and the LED lighting elements enhance its technologically advanced presence. The blue translucent rings around the Xenon HID headlamps are Buick design cues found on other models, adding distinction across the brand’s lineup.
At the rear, the exhaust outlets are framed with a chrome finish within the rear fascia, for an integrated appearance that exemplifies Buick’s attention to detail. New LED taillamps provide a safety benefit by illuminating more quickly than conventional bulbs when the brakes are applied.
Harmonious interior environment
The 2013 Enclave’s interior is defined by luxurious amenities and high-quality materials, with changes that create a more contemporary ambience and support the integration of Buick IntelliLink. Highlights:
- New ice blue LED ambient lighting around the dash highlights Enclave’s flowing lines, emphasizing the cabin’s spaciousness
- Eight-way power front driver and passenger seats with four-way adjustable head restraints emphasize seat comfort
- Details including soft touch materials and live stitching throughout the cabin, as well as true chrome accents
- Four interior color combinations are available with complementing wood tones, including a new Cocoa leather combination
- A new “center stack” with standard IntelliLink LCD display, tri-zone climate system, capacitive touch controls and available navigation system.
IntelliLink is intuitive and easy to use and includes the capability of setting up a “home page” for favorites. It integrates online services such as Pandora® internet radio and Stitcher SmartRadio™ using hands-free voice and touch-screen controls via Bluetooth-enabled smartphones, building on the voice-activated Bluetooth hands-free calling capability already offered in other Buick models. Additional features:
- High-resolution color display with touch-screen control
- Bluetooth with hands-free (for phone calls) and A2DP audio-streaming protocol support
- Address book download and hands-free calling
- USB port
- Auxiliary audio input port
- Redundant steering wheel controls
- Enhanced voice recognition powered by Nuance
- AM/FM/Audio CD/MP3 CD/ HD Radio
- SiriusXM Satellite Radio and data services
- Selected Smartphone apps can be controlled through the IntelliLink interface via the touch-screen, steering wheel controls or voice commands. The first apps to be supported are Pandora and Stitcher
- Supports playback of MP3 files stored on flash memory drives.