2012 Cadillac SRX Specs
Sat, 09/24/2011 - 00:06
The new ModelYear Cadillac SRX has not changed much in terms of styling, but the engine lineup has been tweaked a bit. GM has dropped the turbo engine from the range because it wasn’t selling well, and instead offers a new LFX V6 engine. This 3.6 liter unit is the sole engine offered in the Cadillac SRX. It delivers 16-percent more horsepower (308 hp / 230 kW) than the previous V-6 and provides greater low-rpm torque. Mated to a Hydra-Matic 6T70 six-speed automatic transmission, it’s tuned for fuel economy. Cadillac SRX also brings enhanced features for 2012, as well as updates that make it quieter and more refined – including new sound-absorbing material placed strategically throughout the vehicle. The Base and Sport suspension systems have been revised to improve the ride quality. Feature and content enhancements for 2012 include:
- Standard Bluetooth phone connectivity on all models, with on-screen caller identification
- OnStar Turn-by-Turn automated directions are loaded to the vehicle
- Improved voice recognition for phone activation, navigation and radio station changes
- A heated steering wheel on the Luxury, Performance and Premium Collections
- Door lock switches on the driver and passenger door panels as well as the center console
- Cruise control buttons on the steering wheel
- Memory seat set – the occupant can set the seating position simply by pressing “set” and the number simultaneously
- Backlighting for map lights in the overhead console
- A new machined-face finish on the 20-inch wheels, which are standard on Performance and Premium Collections
- Available all-ebony interior trim
- One new exterior color: Xenon Blue Metallic.
- The cylinder block and cylinder heads are cast in aluminum for low weight.
- A composite intake manifold saves approximately 5.5 pounds (2.5 kg) over the weight of a comparable aluminum intake. It also has a comparatively small radiated surface area to help it maintain excellent noise and vibration characteristics.
- An integrated cylinder head/exhaust manifold design saves approximately 13 pounds (6 kg) per engine when compared with a comparable engine with separate head/manifold assemblies.
- The cylinder heads include four valves per cylinder, with a dual overhead camshaft design incorporating infinitely variable cam phasing.
- A forged steel crankshaft provides optimal strength in the bottom end, while the connecting rods are made of powdered metal that features a higher ratio of copper, which makes them stronger and enables them to be lighter.
- The pistons are made of lightweight cast aluminum and feature a friction-reducing polymer coating on the skirts , as well as fully floating wrist pins, which also help reduce friction. Less weight in the pistons means less reciprocating mass in the engine, which in turn means less inertia and greater operating efficiency.
- Pressure-actuated oil squirters drench the underside of each piston and the surrounding cylinder wall with an extra layer of cooling, friction-reducing oil.
- A cast aluminum oil pan is stiffer to improve powertrain rigidity and reduce vehicle vibration. It bolts to the transmission bell housing as well as the engine block, eliminating points of vibration. Cast aluminum dampens internal engine noise better than a conventional stamped steel pan and is structurally stiffer.
- Optimized-flow fuel injectors and the integrated exhaust manifolds/cylinder heads promote lower emissions.
- An independent MacPherson strut suspension system is standard on all models, featuring a direct-acting stabilizer bar and hydraulic ride bushings.
- An independent “H-arm” rear suspension incorporates a lightweight hollow aluminum lower control arm and a hollow stabilizer bar.
- Power-assisted rack-and-pinion steering is standard on Base and the Luxury Collections.
- Power-assisted variable-effort and speed-sensitive rack-and-pinion steering system is standard on the Performance and Premium Collections.
- A rear axle ratio of 3.39 is standard on all models.
- A trailering package is available on the Luxury, Performance and Premium Collections and increases the towing capacity to 3,500 pounds (1,587 kg).